This one was a big time winner! But then, every recipe I’ve found on Damn Delicious is a winner.
It tasted like it’d been cooking all day, but it only took about an hour total. It was PHENOMENAL. I will make this all the time, seriously. It turns a weekend meal that takes a long time and makes it a weeknight meal.
The meat was tender and fell apart. The veggies were the perfect texture, and the gravy that it makes was spot on.
I made a few changes:
- I used brisket because we had one in the freezer that needed to be used
- I was not able to add wine to mine because I accidentally bought a cork bottle instead of screw too and I misplaced my wine opener. I used extra beef stock.
- I added a ton of thyme and no rosemary because I didn’t have any
- I only set my IP for 40 minutes based on other things I read about cooking brisket in the IP. If I had used the chuck roast, I would have done what the recipe says.
- I didn’t shred it. I just cut it up as usual. It sort of falls apart itself anyway.