It’s weird that I’m 3 weeks into this thing already. I don’t think I’ve ever stuck with a weight loss plan even close to this long before! I’m definitely seeing results, so there’s no way I’m quitting now!
So, my husband showed me how to do squats with weights and deadlifts. Ugh… They seem to be working, somewhat, but they are not my favorite. At all. I did figure out how to set workouts on the elliptical to maximize my use of that machine, and I love it! It adjusts the resistance and incline throughout the time on the elliptical that you preset and it burns so many calories. It is hard to believe that less than a month ago, I could barely do a mile with no resistance and now I’m getting in 3+ at various resistance levels. I guess it’s true when they say to keep it up and it’ll get easier! I will admit, though, if it weren’t for Netflix on my tablet, there is no way I could be doing this!
From here on out, my food reviews will probably be more minimal because I’ve tried most of the things that Nutrisystem offers and weeded out what I did and didn’t like.
Progress Report: 1.4 lbs lost this week, for a total of 7.8 lbs lost since May 1.
- Pancakes: I don’t know why I waited until week three to try these… I love pancakes! These were really good and the perfect size. Again, you can add some sugar-free maple syrup (which doesn’t sound good to me), but you don’t need it. There is a slight maple flavor already in the pancake. I just gave each one a couple sprays of my zero calorie butter spray and was good to go.
- Egg and Turkey Sausage Sandwich: Another one like the McMuffin, but this was actually decent. If you remember, the Canadian Bacon one was not good. It was bland and had no flavor. This one was much better. The sausage made a world of difference.
- Bagels: This was a surprise option because bagels are supposedly so bad for you. It was definitely smaller than a regular bagel, but it did not lack anything else. It was really good!
- Tuna Salad: So good! Perfect lunch. I’ve always been a big fan of tuna sandwiches and this did not disappoint. I’ve never put water chestnuts in mine and Nutrisystem apparently does, so the crunch was something I had to get used to, but it was good. I toasted some whole grain bread from Trader Joe’s and put the tuna on top of that. Then I sprinkled a couple tablespoons of lite shredded cheese and put it in the microwave for about 20 seconds to melt the cheese. It was just like an open-face tuna melt that you would get from a diner, but it was only 240 calories!
- Pepperoni Melt: This was a pizza version of the broccoli cheese melt I had last week. Basically a Nutrisystem Hot Pocket. My review of this one is pretty much the same: the outside crust was fine, but dry. The filling was good. This one tasted just like pizza.
- Red Beans and Rice: The problem with this meal was there just wasn’t enough! It was so yummy, I wanted more! The flavor was spot on, the sausage was good, and the rice was perfectly cooked. My next month’s order already shipped or I would have added more of this one. I will say, though, it leads me to wonder how this rice can be so delicious, but the rice that comes with the enchiladas is so wrong.
- Ravioli Formaggio: During the first week, I had a ravioli meal that was not frozen. It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t great either. The pasta was so-so and the sauce was somewhat lacking. This ravioli dish was frozen and much better tasting. The pasta was a good al dente and the cheesy filling was nice and creamy. The sauce was still somewhat lacking, but it was much better than the shelf-stable ravioli because it didn’t have the beef in it. Shelf-stable beef is a bit weird to me. Overall, I liked this one.
- Meatloaf Sandwich: I’m not going to lie, I don’t remember selecting this when I placed my order! My husband says he remembers me adding it, so I must have, but still. It wasn’t bad. It was very similar to the hamburger, but a little bigger and the seasoning was a little different. I used one of my “extras” and added some ketchup. Not bad at all. (PS Those tomatoes you see are from my local farmer’s market and they were delicious! Just a sprinkle of salt and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Yum, yum!)
- Orange Cream Pop: OOOOOOHHHHHHH this was a real treat!! It tasted like a creamscicle! I immediately went into my account and made some adjustments to get more of these. So good! Even my kids liked it!
- Vanilla shortbread cookies: Eh. Same as the small chocolate chip cookies from last week. The flavor is fine, but the texture is off. It felt very stale. Like I said before: I don’t think they are stale, I just think it has something to do with the preparation.
- Fudge ice cream bar: This was good, just like a fudgecicle. Pretty much what you’d expect. Actually, if you’ve ever had a Healthy Choice Fudge Bar, you’ve basically had this.